We recently passed the one year anniversary of Pino de Gallo. Just one year and a few days ago, I set out on a mission to find the ultimate burrito. I took my passion for burritos and did what all ambitious (but deep down lazy) young Americans do – I started a blog and forced all my friends to read it. Let’s take a quick look back at this journey.
Site Stats –
- Date Launched: March 13th – Where it all started
- First review: Well-Dressed Burrito, DC
- Most viewed: 1) The Last Frontier – the Burrito Factory; (thanks Reddit) 2) The Wizards respond to my sternly worded letter;
- 19 Burrito Reviews (Mase: 11.5, Little Peen 4.5, Mabeuf: 3)
- 1 Sternly Worded letter
- 1 comment from a CEO
- 10 free burritos collected (and 1 promised to me)
- Highest rated burritos to date (both 4 sombreros): 1) El Pelon 2) Viva! Burrito
- Lowest rated burritos to date: 1) South of the Border (half sombrero, nearly shit myself) 2) La Salsa Pronto! (airport food, bleh)
- 9,418 hits (as of March 17th)
- 55 Tweets (Although most came on my night at the Wizards game)
It has been a great year, even with my unwanted and unforeseen sabbatical this past fall. Hopefully, I won’t be forced to go through that again until the 2012 election cycle (amongst other things). We still have more in store for the rest of 2011 and you all know that summer is a big burrito eating season for me. A few delicious burritos have been consumed, photographed, and will be reviewed in the upcoming weeks. I will never tire (or get full) in my quest for that elusive 5 sombrero burrito. So despite overwhelming evidence that a 5 sombrero burrito may not exist, I’ll just going to have to keep the faith and keep searching (sound familiar Christians?).